In 1915, Mowat and Wasser built a shingle mill. Ed Profit was supervisor until it closed in 1919.
A number of people lived on float houses.  Some worked in the pulp and paper mill while others were loggers and shingle-bolters. A Mr. Beaubien is listed as a trapper.
Andy and Clara Anderson moved their lumber mill to Mowat Bay in 1958, but the Company cancelled their lease and the Municipality wouldn't let them run a commercial venture.
Now Mowat Bay is a popular picnic and swimming area.