This land was originally pre-empted by John Shearman. Art Lyons built the lodge in the 1920s and was a genial host. In the late 1930s the Powell River Company purchased it for use by Mill personnel as a place for rest and relaxation. In 1946, the Lodge was transferred to the Powell River Sales Co. for executives and guests. Over the years, the Lodge, the Annex and the float house have undergone renovations. It is now privately owned.
Thanks to Mrs. Silvester and to Michael Muttesbach, for this information.