Cranberry Lake Public Library Association: -- 1952-1975. - - 11.5 cm of textual records, 2 photographs
The Cranberry Lake Public Library Association seems to have begun in 1952 with a volunteer board and Librarian. Initially housed in the Cranberry School the library moved to the McLaren building and then to the Cranberry Fire Hall Annex and finally to the Cranberry Centre in 1976. The Library joined the Powell River District Library Association in 1973 and then due to dwindling public response closed its doors in 1982.
[ Archives note: the McLaren building seems to have been Mrs. McLaren’s dress shop building which was behind Bernier’s shoes. It was a small building on the corner or Manson and Drake. The Fire Hall was on Drake Street just a few lots down from Manson Ave ]
The fonds consists of records of the Cranberry Lake Public Library Association. Includes minutes, financial records, a petition, records and photographs.
Title based on contents of fonds.
Series description available.
Series description:
1.
Minutes: - - 195-1957, 1962-1965 - - 4cm of textual records
The series consists of minutes of the Association.
Title based on contents of series.

2.
Financial records: - - 1952-1973. - - 3cm of textual records

The series consists of account books.

Title based on contents of series.

3.
Petition: - - 1974-1975 - -.5cm of textual records

The series consists of a petition for the amalgamation of the libraries in the community.

Title based on contents of series.

4.
Records. - - 1955-1972. - - 4cm of textual records

The series consists of book circulation records

Title based on contents of series.

5.
Photographs. - - 1974. - - 2 photographs

The series consists of 2 photographs of the interior of the library.

Title based on contents of series.