McLeod Amusements Ltd. Fonds: -- 1923 - 1952 -- 19cm of textual records


McLeod Amusements were known as McLeod Scanlon Amusements Ltd. from 1926 - Dec 31 1942. The two shareholders were: R.H. (Bobby) Scanlon and M.C. (Myron) McLeod. The first moving picture theatre was built, on lower Ash St, in 1913 and was owned by R.H. Scanlon. In 1928 that Theatre was razed and a new one (The Patricia) was built at 5848 Ash St. In that same year, Mr. McLeod became the Manager. The Roxy Theatre was built in 1935 at 4591 Marine Ave in Westview and in 1939 a store was added to the Patricia Theatre. In 1950 the number of seats in the Patricia was 449 and the Roxy had 260. The Roxy closed in 1965.

The fonds consists of records of McLeod Amusements Ltd. Include contracts and financial records.

Title based on contents of fonds.

Series description available

Series description

1.
Contracts. - - 1928-1952. - - 4cm of textual records.

The series consists of building specifications for the Patricia and Roxy Theatres.

Title based on contents of fonds.

2.
Financial Records. - - 1923 – 1959. - - 15 cm of textual records.

The series consists of income tax statements, balance sheets, payments plans and a ledger that statements for: Otto Peterson’s Jewellery Store, Dr. S. Marlatt, W.J. Roberts, Chas MacLean, Miss E. Houghton, J.E. Sanderson, R.R. Craig, J.S.P. Johnson, E.N. Bergot, Mrs. E. Steeves, and John B.T. Dunning.

Title based on contents of fonds.