POWELL RIVER SICK BENEFIT SOCIETY FONDS --1941-1943 -- 10cm of Textual Records
The Powell River Sick Benefit Society was started on August 9 1920 and was an outgrowth of the medical fund which had been set up by Pulp-Sulphite Local 76 and Papermakers' Local 142, to financially aid members and their families when ill. The Society operated St Luke's hospital and in 1940 started construction of a new hospital on Arbutus Street. This 64 bed hospital and maternity wing was completed in 1942. Bennett and White were the general contractors. The architectural firm was Gardiner & Thornton.
The fonds consist of records of the Powell River Sick Benefit Society. Includes certificates of payments for various contractors in the construction of the new Powell River General Hospital.
Title based on contents of fonds.
Series description available.
1. Certificates. - - 1941 – 1943. - - 10 cm of textual records.
The series consists of certificates of payments to the contractors of the hospital.
Title based on contents of series.