Wildwood Heights Public Library Association :-- 1959-1980 - - 4.5cm of rextual records; 3 photographs


The Wildwood Heights Public Library Association was incorporated as a Public Library Association in 1959. The Library Board was appointed at a public meeting in May with Mrs Whitehurst being the first Librarian with the Library being in the Church Hall. In October it appears that the Library moved to premises in the same building as the Wildwood Fire Hall on Sutherland St. In 1973 it joined the Powell River District Public Library Association and in 1980 the doors were closed due to difficulty with staffing and declining circulation.

The fonds consist of records of the Wildwood Heights Public Library Association. Includes Certificate of Incorporation, minutes, financial records and 3 photographs.

Title based on contents of fonds.

Series description available.



Series description:



  • Certificate of Incorporation: -- 1959 – .5cm of textual records.

Series consists of Certificate of Incorporation.

Title based on contents of series.

  • Minutes. - - 1959-1973 - - 2cm of textual records

Series consists of minutes.

Title based on contents of series.

  • Financial records: - - 1959 – 1973 - - 2cm of Textual Records.

Series consists of financial records.

Title based on contents of series.

  • Photographs. - - : 1980 - - 3 photographs

Series consists of three black & white photographs of people having purchased books at the closing down sale in 1980.

Title based on contents of series.